Monday, 15 April 2013

Tangle Teezer - Should I Buy One?

 Hello There!

Today I'm talking about the newest and most popular hair styling tool of the moment - the Tangle Teezer. So, what's so special about them? That's the exact question I asked myself. So I bought one to try it out.

My first impressions of them were not great - it was so unusual to have the head of the hairbrush in my hand instead of the handle that it was a rather painful experience to begin with. I had to teach myself to brush my hair again. This sounds drastic but basically you just have to use it a couple of times and it comes to you. I used it initially and found that it didn't detangle my hair properly, so I decided to use it primarily for wet hair - that is, to distribute product evenly throughout hair, which it undeniably excels in. YAY!

Then I just randomly decided to try it again on my hair - and I had to conclude that it was perfect for detangling my hair straight after I've washed it. - I will point out though that I don't really brush my hair. Yeah, I know that sounds gross, but once it's styled it doesn't really need much maintenance with regards to brushing, unless I fancy the just-been-on-holiday-to-really-humid-climate look. So, I just brush it once, straight after I've got out the shower - but I use my paddle brush for that, and then for any maintenance (knotty ends) inbetween washes.

And although there is a compact size available, the full-size is still handbag friendly so it's great to just throw in when you're going out!




I bought one in the colour 'Bubblegum Pink' because, yeah, I'm a girly-girl and my favourite colour is pink. But they are also available in: Jeans (light blue), Scream (Orange), Disco (Purple + glitter), Cosmic (Black)
So there's something for everyone. 

What makes these even better is the story behind them. They guy who designed them (Shaun P) went on Dragon's Den and none of them invested in the Tangle Teezer business. But he persevered and made it successful on his own, which I think is much more of an achievement, don't you?  Take that Dragons!

The people who I think these brushes are perfect for are small children. Their hair tends to be softer and so the bristles will be much more effective at detangling than on my damaged, coarse hair. And, they have a special 'flowerpot' design that are super-cute and a great size for mummy's handbag!

It is available instore in Boots - I was in a hair wholesalers last month and the sales assistants thought that they were only available online - but they are instore, so really handy to get hold of one straight away.

£10-13

Would I recommend it?
Yes, I would, and already have. It is the perfect tool to make sure that products don't clump on your hair. And it does provide a smooth... brushing of the hair...? 

What do you think of the Tangle Teezers?

Ciao for now, G x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...